November 07, 2019
Dr Diana Pakzamir
Hip pain can be very irritating in life and can affect how you walk, exercise or even sleep.
Here are 5 things that may help reduce or eliminate the pain.
1. Find when the pain occurs and change the scenario: Hips can be irritated by bad sitting posture, ill-fitting mattresses and belts/leggings. Identify when the pain occurs and see if changing your seat height, mattress or belts/pants relieves the pain. Trial and error is key in this tip, keep going until you find the variable that reduces the pain.
2. Strengthening: Weak or very tight muscles can cause tension, pain and fatigue in a muscle and create the pain in the hips. You may find that after a long walk, run or biking session, your hips are aching. Here is a link to a few exercises that can help strengthen the muscles around your hips- Hip Exercises
3. Stretching: Stretching the hips can help with tightness and tension, here are a few to start. Yoga can be very helpful to kick start your stretching journey.
4. Seek Chiropractic care: Chiropractors are trained to assess the spine and bone connected to the spine to ensure the joints are moving correctly. We would check your pelvis and lumbar spine (which are connected to the hips via various muscles and ligaments), and assess if the cause of the hip pain is coming from walking, sitting , standing or sleeping. We would help identify the cause and then implement a treatment plan to suit your specific needs. We determine if there is a need for x-rays of any further imaging for the hips or pelvis to rule out any other factors that may be contributing to the pain and appropriate advice will be given.
5. Ice: Hips may sometimes get swollen and hot, you may feel this later in the day or at night before bed. Alternating ice on and off can help with these symptoms. If you are feeling these symptoms, it is best to check in with your health care provider. Our highly trained chiropractors are able to assess and help you find the right direction to ease your pain.
To book an appointment with a chiropractor- click the button above
Yours in health,
Dr Diana Pakzamir
Blossom Family Chiropractic
Our team of female Chiropractors are here to help you on your health journey. Meet our Chiropractors before you arrive into the practice.Read On
Do you have pain you help with? Perhaps you have constant headaches, you're not sleeping well or want more energy in your day. See how Chiropractic Care can help you today.Learn More